Friday 2 September 2016

August Favourites





Hey everybody! I would just like to say that I am so sorry for not posting in over 3 weeks! I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago, and when I came back and I just didn't know what to post. But now I have a whole list of posts that I would like to treat you to, including a few Back To School ones!

So, as Summer is rapidly coming to an end, I thought I'd do an August Favourites to show you what I have been really enjoying throughout this month.

Enjoy!





Sleek Matte Me Lipcream- 'Birthday Suit' 

I only bought this liquid lipstick a couple of weeks ago, but I've been wearing it almost everyday since! The formula is quite similar to the NYX matte lipcream (which I'm also in love with), and the shade 'Birthday Suit' resembles the NYX matte lipcream in the shade 'Cannes', although it is a little bit lighter. I'm absolutely in love with this product, as I feel like it would be a suitable shade for every season; I recommend this to people who prefer more subtle and nude colours on the lips.


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

I believe that I mentioned this product in my Top Highstreet Picks post, but I just wanted to put it in my August Favourites, because I have used it every single day this summer! It's the perfect powder to keep your makeup in place for the day, giving a matte effect to your skin to reduce shinyness (yeah, please ignore the fact that I don't know any technical terms in relation to makeup). I would definitely recommend this product if you are going to school, and want something to keep your makeup in tact for the whole day!




Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara 

Okay, I recently purchased this mascara when I was running low on my (very very loved) Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (which is the best mascara ever, a.k.a BUY IT NOW), so I decided to head to Boots and repurchase it. However, when I was at the counter I thought I'd try something different. I did stick to the same brand, because I always get on with Maybelline products, but I went for the new Push Up Drama mascara, and I loved it! It's a very intense black colour, which is always a winner for me, and basically gives the same effect as Lash Sensational. However, I do think that Lash sensational provides more volume to the lashes, so if you're after a mascara gives your lashes that extra little curl, then I would purchase Lash Sensational. 


 Zoella Candy Cream Body Lotion

Firstly, can we just have a second to appreciate the gorgeous products that Zoe never fails to impress us with. With every range, she brings out new types of products that smell so amazing! By the way, who else is sooo excited for the new Christmas gingerbread range to officially come into Superdrug stores?! I'm going to be smelling like a gingerbread man all year round!
On to this product; this body lotion is part of the Tutti Fruity range, and I believe it was released last summer. I've been using this body lotion all summer to give myself a lovely summery scent; after washing, I rub the lotion on my arms and legs, and I have to say, it makes my skin feel super soft and hydrated, as it contains beads and extracts of Acai and Blueberry.


Me Before You- Jojo Moyes

I can feel the tears coming on already... can I just say that I was an emotional wreck whilst reading this book; every five minutes I would say something like "Aww, how cuteeee" and my family would just look at me like I was insane.
After reading it, it was quite clearly one of my new favourite books! Jojo Moyes is such an awesome author, and her writing is so effective that it brought tears to my eyes. I also read the sequel, After You, and that was equally amazing! Everything about the two books made me either laugh or cry; I loved Lou Clark's sense of humour and her connection with sarcastic Will Traynor (who is adorable, may I add). I would recommend this book to everyone, because it is just AMAZING, and I guarantee that you will shed some tears whilst reading it.




Gilmore Girls- Netflix

How can one possibly write an August Favourites without including Netflix? I watch Netflix pretty much everyday, and the show I've been really enjoying all month is Gilmore Girls. I started watching this because a friend told me that I should, and I'm very happy that they suggested it to me! (Lauren, if you're reading, THANK YOU :D). I just love the characters, the comedy, the relationships, and let's not forget the fact that there's going to be new episodes released in November! Much excite! 



Okay, I'm going to wrap up today's post here. Feel free to comment what you have been enjoying throughout the summer, and look out for some upcoming Back To School posts!


Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment