Monday 1 August 2016

July Book Wrap Up


Hey everybody!

As it's the summer holiday and I'm not doing much over the next week, I thought I'd do a post everyday up until Saturday, all related to books. I got this idea from my best friend (SimplyLaurenElizabeth- visit her blog, it's gorgeous!) and we decided to both do this for a bit of a challenge and also for a bit of fun.

July was quite a relaxed month for me, in terms of reading; I read around six books, and pretty much all of which were ones I had already read before. To be completely honest, I didn't really have any new books to read (yes- I am in serious need of a huge book haul), but when I went to Waterstones to buy some new books, I just couldn't decide what to get! I am always so indecisive, haha. So, if you have any suggestions as to which books I should read this summer, then please comment down below! :)

Here are the books that I have read (any thoroughly enjoyed) this month...








 The Luxe- Anna Godbersen

My review: I'm not going to lie, I did put off this book for a long time, a bit reluctant to read it due to bad reviews on Goodreads. However, once I started reading this book, I absolutely loved it; if you enjoy reading books set in the past, then you will most likely enjoy this story, as it is set in 1899. Every time I picked it up, I was sucked into a world of long dresses, bonnets, corsets and the atmosphere of the Victorian era. My favourite part of the book has to be the ending; I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who is planning on reading it, but the ending was my favourite part, along with the scandalous characters and forbidden love.

My rating: ☆☆☆☆











The 5th Wave & Infinite Sea- Rick Yancey

My review: I'm going to start by saying how amazing the first book is. When I was reading it, I was either crying at the tragedies, laughing at Cassie's constant sarcasm, or sitting on the edge of my chair during the tense scenes. However, I didn't enjoy the second book as much. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy certain parts of The Infinite Sea, but I just didn't feel as many emotions toward the plot as I did in the first book, and it wasn't as action-packed. It is still really well written though, and Rick Yancey is an awesome author!
My rating: ☆☆☆☆












Soulmates- Holly Bourne

My review: I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! I love the characters, I love the unique storyline, I love everything!! Holly Bourne is one of my favourite authors, and after reading this book I ran around telling my friends that they must read it. My favourite part of the book has to be Noah's cuteness *insert heart emojis here*, and even the ending (which you assume is going to be sad) is actually really emotional -in a good way!- and heart warming. I would definitely recommend Holly Bourne's books to everyone who likes quite simple reads that are easy to understand, but contain amazing characters and relationships that make you squeal at every cute scene. Read it now! (please)
My rating: ☆☆☆☆☆












Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone & Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- J.K Rowling

My review: Okay, I will start by saying: to say I'm obsessed with Harry Potter is a major understatement. About a week ago, I sat down in front of my bookshelf and was trying to decide which books I should read... and then my Harry Potter books caught my eye. Having not read any of them in about 3 years, I decided to reread them, because why not? They are the best books ever in the history of the best books ever! (I did warn you that I was hugely obsessed) I absolutely LOVE every single book and every single movie... all I can say is that J.K Rowling is an incredible author who deserves every success she gets; she is one of my inspirations. The reason I love it so much is that J.K Rowling created so many amazing characters, storylines, relationships, and whilst making each one of the stories different, she made them have ties that linked them together.
I will stop this review here, because I did not intend to write a July Book Wrap Up for it to be transformed into a Harry Potter appreciation post (even though that would be soo cool!), so I'm going to end this little review with a VERY important message... To anyone who has never read/watched Harry Potter: YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!
My rating: ☆☆☆☆☆








I hope you enjoyed today's post, and remember to comment down below any suggestions for what I should read next!

Thanks for reading,


       





3 comments:

  1. I love Harry Potter, obsessed is an understatement! Have you ordered The Cursed Child yet?
    x L | awkward-overload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's sat on my bookshelf waiting to be read:) x
      -Amy x

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Holly Bourne but I'm going to add this book on my tbr now !

    - The Mad Reader

    ReplyDelete