Thursday 28 July 2016

Top Highstreet Picks


Heyyyy everybody!

There are many things that I love and have a guilty pleasure for, and makeup is definitely one of them. Take me to Boots or Superdrug, and you will never come out! Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I could spend hours in a makeup store and I always leave with at least one hand covered in lipstick swatches.

So, as a result of my (slight) obsession with makeup, today I thought I'd talk you through my favourite drugstore makeup items, because I know that a lot of people like to discover new makeup which is very affordable, but still reaches the standard of high-end products.










Foundation & Mascara

To start with, I would like to talk about the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, as it is amazing! Firstly, the packaging is super cute, and I love the purple tube (tube? bottle? what are you supposed to call it? :D). The mascara itself is indeed 'sensational', as it gives your lashes lots of length, volume and is a very intense black; this mascara makes your lashes look a-maz-ing. How many times have I said amazing? IT'S AMAZING! I looove it!
The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is very good for keeping your makeup in place, and (as you have probably gathered) gives your skin a lovely matte look. It also conceals red patches and blemishes quite well.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: £3.99
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: £7.99











Lip care

The Nivea lip butter is incredible for sore lips; if you have dry lips, put this treatment on over night and by morning your lips will be super smooth. However, I feel like you would only enjoy this product if you don't mind thick and  'buttery' textures on your lips. The Baby Lips collection by Maybelline is also very useful for people with dry lips; as well as providing gorgeous colours, the lipsticks are also formulated with Vitamin E and caring oils to moisturise. Lastly, The Body Shop 'Born Lippy' lip balm is very moisturising and has a slightly thinner texture compared to the Nivea lip butter, so if you prefer thinner products on your lips, then the 'Born Lippy' collection is for you!

Nivea Lip Butter: £2.09
Maybelline Baby Lips: £2.99
The Body Shop 'Born Lippy': £2.00











 Lipstick

Okay, to be completely honest, I have a fair few lipsticks, but I tend to only ever use this one. (Yes, I know that's bad.... shhh.) This product is one of my all-time favourite makeup items for lots of reasons; to begin with, it provides such a lovely and natural colour, and gives a beautiful matte finish. Secondly, it is not too heavy on the lips and it feels like you haven't even applied anything. Lastly.... IT SMELLS OF MARSHMALLOWS!!! Not gonna lie, that's one of the only reasons I bought it in the first place.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream: £5.50










Perfume

For the final product, I thought I'd talk about the 'Blissful Mistful' perfume by the Zoella Beauty range. As most of you are probably aware, all of Zoë's ranges smell absolutely amazing, however one of my favourite scents has to be the original scent. Unlike some perfumes, this one is perfect all year round and just smells so lovely. I also have the perfume from the Tutti Fruity range, which I love to wear in the summer because I feel like it's more of a summery scent. I would definitely recommend this perfume to those of you who have never bought any of Zoë's products before; it is definitely one of my favourites!


Zoella Beauty Perfume: £8.00












That's it for now! If you have any drugstore or high-end makeup that you would like to recommend, leave it in the comments below; likewise, if you have tried any of the above products and would like to share your opinion of them, you can comment below or tweet me at @amygeorgiaaa :)

Thanks for reading,







Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I love the Zoella perfume, but I can't seem to find it in the Netherlands. I'm extra careful with it!
    I also adore the Babylips, they leave your lips sooooo soft! Great post!
    x L | awkward-overload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the perfume is amazing, and the baby lips are so good at moisturising x
      -Amy

      Delete
  2. Yeah I totally agree, NYX lip creams smell absolutely UHH-MAZING!
    Loved this post! x <3
    Lauren | SimplyLaurenElizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm even tempted to eat mine😂 :D x
      Thankyou x
      -Amy

      Delete
  3. I literally love every single one of these products! I wish I had that Zoella fragrance x Love your blog <3 x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete