Saturday 23 July 2016

Best books to read in the summer




Hello, hello, hello! Since summer has just started, I thought I'd post something that was related to summer in some way and, considering the fact that this is my first proper post, I wanted to talk about something I love: books!

The reason I love books is that, when you read them, you get sucked into a completely different world with intriguing characters and a unique storyline; for a moment, it feels like you're living in the book itself. In my opinion, reading is an excellent way to distract yourself from negative thoughts, and is really useful if you want to calm yourself; this is especially helpful for people who suffer with anxiety on a daily basis.
When I'm feeling stressed, I read. When I'm feeling upset, I read. I just find it so amazing how authors have this strong power to turn your emotions around, and to make you create close bonds with characters that you have never heard of before.

Okay, I will stop my rambling there, as this post will rapidly become a mile long if I do not prevent myself from typing!

Here are my favourite books to read in the summer...





To all the boys I've loved before- Jenny Han
Synopsis- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters. -Goodreads

P.S. I still love you- Jenny Han
Synopsis- Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once? -Goodreads

We were liars- E. Lockhart
Synopsis- A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth. -Goodreads

The manifesto on how to be interesting- Holly Bourne

Synopsis: Bree is a loser, a wannabe author who hides behind words. Most of the time she hates her life, her school, her never-there parents. So she writes.
But when she’s told she needs to start living a life worth writing about, The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting is born. Six steps on how to be interesting. Six steps that will see her infiltrate the popular set, fall in love with someone forbidden and make the biggest mistake of her life. -Goodreads








Thanks for reading,       

                    
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I looove all of these!! Such good choices for the summertime! x
    Lauren | www.simplylaurenelizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all the boys I've loved before sounds like an amazing book! My Kindle is going to be filled up with holiday books now hehe! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's such an amazing book, you should definitely read it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your recommendations ^^ Definitely going to read some of these x Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. To All The Boys I Loved Before is definitely one of my summer favorites! The rest is going on my to be read list.
    x L

    awkward-overload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny Han books are perfect for summer :-) I love the Burn for Burn trilogy too!
    xoxo
    https://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete